Terms and Conditions of Steps InstitutionThis is a contract with Steps Institution; 246-250 Romford Road, Forest Gate, London E7 9HZ. Please carefully read the following Terms & Conditions before accessing this site or selecting a course. By accessing the site (which includes, visiting, registering, purchasing or booking a course) you accept and agree to all of the covenants and conditions imposed in this agreement. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access the site.
By using this service, you agree that you have read, understand and agree to these terms. You also agree to review this agreement periodically to be aware of modifications to the agreement, which modifications stepsinstitution.co.uk may make at any time. Your continued use of this site will be deemed your conclusive acceptance of any modified agreement.
1) General1.2) Steps Institution reserve the right to change the content used at any time.
1.3) Trainees who fail to complete the course in the time available will not be eligible for a refund.
1.4) Students will receive a notification 48 hours prior to the course end date.
1.5) All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
1.6) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
1.7) If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions you must cease the course immediately and notify Steps Institution of your intent not to continue.
2) Financial2.2) Steps Institution quotes prices and issues invoices in UK pounds GBP. The client must pay in the currency shown on the invoice.
2.3) Currency conversion charges from any other currency to that of the invoice is the responsibility of the client.
2.4) Any sales taxes relevant to the country where the course takes place will be added to the course fees in accordance with that country's tax regulations.
2.5) The client must pay in full or provide a booking of course before the start of any training event or shipment of any product or course materials.
2.6) With booking Steps Institution will raise an invoice for the course fees and any certification / exam fees before the start of the training.
2.7) Online payment is the preferred method of payment. Recognised credit cards are Visa / Mastercard / Maestro.
2.8) Course fees include the licensing of training materials to a limited period of time to and appropriately qualified course content. Each license is valid to one person only and cannot be exchanged or shared.
2.9) Steps Institution reserve the right to review the pricing and take appropriate action when changes to course or exam specification occur beyond our control.
2.10) All discounts, whether advertised or stated in correspondence, are mutually exclusive i.e. only one discount can be applied to any one booking.
2.11) Late payment may incur penalty charges including removal of any discounts.
2.12) Steps Institution reserves the right to charge interest on late payments of invoices at a rate of 8% above the Bank of England's base rate.
3) Cancellation Policy3.2) All cancellations must be received in writing.
3.3) If a student /trainee cannot attend the course because of any change of circumstances, then Steps Institution will not take responsibility or give a refund to the client.
4) Learning Resources4.1 The resources are property of Steps Institution.
4.2) This training & learning material has been prepared, maintained, updated and distributed by Steps Institution.
4.3) The use of the training material on our courses is restricted to the Registered student and trainee who has been supplied with the registration details by a Training Services Provider as part of an authorised course.
4.4) The Registered Students and Trainees shall not copy, share, modify, transmit, distribute, or in any way, exploit the copyrighted materials provided by Steps Institution other than for their own individual training. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law and any violators will be prosecuted.
4.5) The Registered Students & Trainees shall not permit anyone else to copy, use, modify, transmit, distribute, or in any way, exploit the copyrighted materials.
4.6) The materials made available by Steps Institution are provided "as-is" without warranties of any kind, either expressed, or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement.
4.7) Steps Institution may make improvements, or changes, to this material at any time without prior notification.
4.8) All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
4.9) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
4.10) If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions you must cease to book or register immediately.
6) Course Bookings6.1) Steps Institution strives to provide the course content to its Students & Trainees on a continuous basis. To that end, Steps Institution will take all commercially reasonable efforts to provide uninterrupted Access of the courses to its Students & Trainees. However, from time to time, students may be unable to book the courses due to conditions beyond Steps Institution’s control. Such conditions include, but are not limited to: force majeure, acts of God, power outages, and the acts of computer hackers and others acting outside the law. Also, from time to time, Access may be unavailable due to software issues, server downtime, increased Internet traffic or downtime, programming errors, regular maintenance of the system, and other related reasons. In response to any unavailability of the courses to its Students & Trainees, Steps Institution will take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure Booking is restored within a reasonable period of time. The term "commercially reasonable," as used in these Terms, shall mean reasonable efforts taken in good faith without an unduly or burdensome use or expenditure of time, resources, personnel or money.
6.2) Steps Institution endeavours to provide the highest quality content to its Students & Trainees. To that end, Steps Institution reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, or discontinue any aspect or feature of this Site in whole or in part, including, without limitation, the content, availability, booking and/or the Terms of this Site. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which notice may be made by posting such changes on this Site.
6.3) Users are solely responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and compatible telecommunications equipment and Internet service necessary for use of the Site & Services.
7) Third Party Content; Hyperlinks7.1) stepsinstitution.co.uk makes no warranty, either expressed or implied, of the accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of the information provided by third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, any information found on a link located on this site that allows users to access information found on another site. Additionally, stepsinstitution.co.uk does not warrant the existence or functionality of any website which can be accessed through a link located on this site.
7.2) Copyrights, Trademarks and Other Proprietary Rights.
7.3) Steps Institution or its third-party content providers shall retain all worldwide rights in the intellectual property in and on the Site, including, but not limited to, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, inventions, ideas, trade secrets, the source code, the HTML code, the "look and feel" of the Site, its colour combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements, and the copyrights in and to its original content. You should assume that everything you read or see on the Site is copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected and owned or licensed by Steps Institution.
7.4) Except as expressly stated on the Site or in these Terms, nothing that You read or see on the Site or in the courses may be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, transmitted, republished, displayed or performed for commercial use without the prior written consent of stepsinstitution.co.uk, except as provided in these Terms. Nothing in these Terms grants you an express or implied license to use any of Steps Institution intellectual property.
8) Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability8.1) Users access this site at his/her/its own risk. The site is provided on an "as is, as available" basis without warranty of any kind, expressed, implied or statutory, and any and all warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of third parties' rights are specifically disclaimed. Steps Institution does not warrant any particular result from use of the software or site. Steps Institution does not warrant that the information on the site is accurate, complete or complies with any particular law or regulation, or that the operation of and your access to the site will be uninterrupted, error-free, virus-free or completely secure.
8.2) Under no circumstances and under no legal theory (tort, contract or otherwise) shall Steps Institution or any of its affiliates, agents, employees, shareholders, directors, officers, third party content providers, successors or assigns be liable to you or any other person or entity for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any character, including without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, loss of data, loss of productivity or contract, or any and all other commercial damages or losses.
8.3) Your use of this site is at your sole risk and any content that you download is downloaded at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system in excess of the amount Steps Institution received from students & Trainees for a course, and for any loss of data that results from the downloading of any such content, including any damages resulting from computer viruses.
8.4) In no event will Steps Institution be liable for any damages in excess of the amount Steps Institution received from the students and Trainees for booking a course, even if Steps Institution have been informed of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any other party.
8.5) In no event will warranties provided by law, if any, apply unless they are required to apply by statute notwithstanding their exclusion by contract.
8.6) This disclaimer is applicable to any damage or injury resulting from the negligence or an omission of Steps Institution, computer virus or other similar item, telecommunications errors, or unauthorized access to or use of user information through theft or any other means. Steps Institution is not liable for criminal, tortious, or negligent actions or omissions of third parties that affect this site.
General Terms and Conditions• Prices, are subject to change until Payment has been made.
• Bookings are subject to availability of spaces and resources.
• Eligibility criteria may apply – please check prior to reserving a space by asking us.
• Online/Advance reservations/Course bookings are non-refundable, dates cannot be changed by the client.
• Steps Institution or its affiliates may substitute the venue of training with another suitable venue of its choice and notify candidates via email, text or telephonically up to 12 hours prior to the start of the course.
• Full attendance is required, late arrivals are not accepted on any of our courses, in case you don not adhere to the condition you will lose your fee and would be required to rebook for another course paying the full fee again.
• For spaces reserved online, via email or telephonically, the client will be liable for the full balance outstanding.
• In the event of cancellation by Steps Institution or its affiliates, damages shall be limited to a full refund of the course fee.
• Dispatch of certification maybe arranged via ordinary royal mail as standard, a charge of £5.25p shall incur. The candidate has the option to pick up the certificates physically from the training centre for that he/she should intimate us in advance. Certificates are required to be collected within two months from the date you had taken your examination.
• Steps Institution accepts no liability for misplaced certification will be responsible to pay awarding body charges in respect of replacement certification, which will be £50.
• In the event that a candidate fail an exam, a free re-attendance of the training element will be offered by Steps Institution and the candidate will have a free resit exam for which we shall not charge for the examination papers (Subject to the Packages) An Administration charges will apply, for the second resit we may incur a charge for resit as well as administrative charges.
• Clients are responsible to provide accurate information as to the physical address where certification may be dispatched using clear handwriting. If they opt to post their certificates by post, for which they would be required to pay the postage fee.
• In the case of ID validation forms used by awarding bodies, the onus on the candidate to only sign such validation form if the spelling of their name is correct, failure to do so will result in the candidate being liable for administration costs charged by the awarding body for correction. Any corrections of details if it is your fault will incur a charge of £40.
• Any form of uncivil behaviour at the premises will lead to exclusion from the course for which no refund will be made.
• Free courses may be available to terms and conditions and number of students per batch, we might offer you a supplementary course with your main course as fee. Steps Institution may or may not provide training directly but through its associates. The associates providing approved SIA and other qualifications are accredited by different awarding bodies and fulfil the relevant criteria.
• Responsibility of Steps Institution or its affiliate/associate is limited to providing you with training, assessment and dispatch of your paper work to the awarding body and concerned, and once certificates are received informing you for collection, award of the certificate is the responsibility of the awarding body and Steps Institution or its affiliate/associate does not take any liability as regards to the grant of the award/certificate or otherwise that remains the sole discretion of concerned awarding body.
• Normally the certificates for SIA linked qualifications arrive in 10 working days the conduct of examination but it can be delayed indefinitely as it’s the prerogative of the awarding bodies to issue the certificates.
• If you have any observations and reservations regarding the conduct of the course, you may ask for a complaint form and lodge your complaint with the centre coordinator/trainer/tutor.
• At the end the course you are supposed to fill a post course evaluation form, if you do not fill the form it would be understood that you did not had any observation and you were satisfied with course, the post course evaluation form can be obtained from the centre coordinator/trainer/tutor.
• Please collect your certificates within three months of your training, if you don’t collect certificate writing three months from the last date of your training, you would be required to pay admin charges of £40 for the safe keep of your certificate. We keep certificates for a maximum of six months from the last day of your training, and would not be liable and responsible thereafter.
• If the payment has been made by someone else on your behalf, and a dispute arises as regards to the payment we may share your information with financial institutions to resolve the dispute.
• Steps Institution may use email or SMS marketing in order to provide you with future update and developments. We may also inform you about any employment that we may have with us or with our affiliates. If you have any objection to this please let your advisor know and ask him to sign this form that he/she has been made aware of your choice.
In case you do not agree with the assessment decision of the centre or the awarding body can ask to be remark the assessment, remarking each assessment would cost £70, You would pay it in advance. If there is error in marking and the result is changed you would be refunded the remarking fee.